Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, January 13, 2008

How to Regain Energy?

I noticed that a lot of people are complaining that they don’t have much energy and one of them is me. So I bought a copy of the O Magazine coz one of the topics there is about Energy. I just finish reading it and I come out with a summary that I write down in my recipe collections so I can use it when I need it.

Here’s how I wrote it.

A Recipe for a Real Rest

Ingredients:

Sleep
Meditation
Laughter Yoga
Sound

Sleep – it’s no mystery that getting to bed a little earlier would help. It does work like a bank and hours lost needs to be paid back.

Meditation – take a big inhalation, filling your stomach from the bottom to the top like a water pitcher. Exhale as you normally do. Next, look up and gradually engaged with your surroundings. Smile to tell yourself that you’re doing something you enjoy. Gently close your eyes and imagine on the right side of your chest is your heart space. Bring your awareness in from the outside. Let the awareness of your whole being enter the heart space and remain there as if returning home after a long journey. When you’re ready, slowly open your eyes as though you had a wonderful sleep.

Laughter Yoga – this is effective for the exhausted and burned out. Smile as you stand with your hands palms down in front of your hips. Slowly raise them while changing smile to a grin, then to a chuckle (hands at the chest level), deepening into a belly laugh (hands at the shoulder level), as you toss back your head to open the airways. Laugh as you extend your arms into the sky in a Y, as though you’re sending joy out to the universe.

Sound – notice the sounds around you and observe how it affects you. For example: the noise of the cars outside, the different kinds of music and the sounds of nature. There are different kinds of sounds that can make you feel relax and all you have to do is to pay attention of which one works best for you.

1 comment:

24hourapartments said...

Thanks for the input.

I need it now, as I've been drained.

www.24hourapartments.com
www.roommatesville.com