Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, May 23, 2008

Reflexology

Maybe some of you are not familiar with this but I tried this in the past and I now miss it.


Reflexology is the physical act of applying pressure to the feet and hand with specific thumb, finger and hand techniques without the use of oil or lotion. it is based on a system of zones and reflex areas that reflect an image of the body on the feet and hands with a premise that such work effects a physical change to the body.

Pressure is applied to the feet and hands using specific thumb, finger and hand techniques. Stretch and movement techniques are utilized as "desserts" to provide relaxation to the foot. Oil, cream and lotion is not utilized in traditional reflexology work. Tools or instruments are used for self help application only due to safety concerns.

While I was in the Philippines, I had a weekly appointment with a reflexologist. They said it is good for my health so I tried it. The result was good and I liked it. I don't know if you tried it already or not but for me it feels good.



No comments: