Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, December 30, 2007

New Years Good Luck Traditions

I wanna thank my friends CC and Juliana for tagging me this. Thanks a lot girls for always remembering me always.

What are some of your new year's good luck traditions?

Rule:
Copy the person and persons' names that sent it to you and add your own at the bottom of the list. It really helps to build community.
Lets start it here!

*My mom used to collect some coins and when the new year comes she put the coins in a bowl and shake it to create sounds. She said its a good luck for a money throughout a year. And also wearing dotted dresses on new year don't know why. CC/chalyza/keep

*1) Every New Year we put coins in our pockets or hands and shake them to make noise which means calling for blessings to come. Then keep the money in a safe place and not spend it coz they said that if you spend it then there's no good luck anymore.

*2) Wear polka dot clothes coz the round objects means money like coins.

*3) Collect 13 round different kinds of fruits (sweet if possible) which means abundance.

*4) Lastly, have 3 little cups where one is full of rice, another one is full of water and the last one is full of salt. I can't remember every meaning of it but I think the meaning of rice is abundance of food, water is peace and I don't remember what the salt is but the meaning of the three are good.

*5) Wrap 12 hard boiled eggs in a red paper or red colored plastic each. The 12 eggs means the 12 months of the year but I don't remember about the meaning of the eggs.

*6) Open the windows of the house and make noise inside or outside, for cars is to open windows also and honk the horn or if you wanna go around the neighborhood, drag any metal stuff that you can tie at the back of your vehicle just to make noise coz it means calling for more blessings.

I am tagging this to twerlyn, ivy, pinaymama and butchay.

I don't know if those meanings were true but that's what older folks said. I guess other places have their own stories of good luck traditions too. But now that I am here in US, I don't follow any of those good luck traditions anymore. I believe that everything will be fine if you just do your best.
bisayako07/Michelle/My Small World

No comments: