Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Pinay's cook out and bring house

These are my lady friends who loves to cook and eat Pinoy foods. In times like this, it's Jane who really cooked a lot as in a Looooot! haha She's a good cook when it comes to Pinoy foods so if one of us miss eating our foods in Pinas, one starts to call each of us and spread the word about the little gathering so we can think of what to cook. hehe They normally ask of when is my day off but last week, I receive a message in my cbox from Ilocana that there's a cook out at Jane's house the next day. She sent me the message the night before the gathering and I don't have a day off on that day. In short, no time to cook or bring something when I go there. Anyways, I receive a call again early in the morning about it and another one while I was at work. I went to Jane's house after work not bringing anything but myself. nyahahaha And guess what's in there! A lot of Pinoy foods again!

See what's on the table?

Lechon in the oven. hehe Mang Tomas sauce is good for this one.

Fried Milkfish and Galunggong with head and tails still intact for us to nible. haha

Sliced hot and spicy chorizo and fried dried fish. Very delish when you eat this using your hands. nyahaha

Pinakbet for good health. Yum yum!

The kutsinta/kuchinta topped with ground coconut. Parang galing Pinas din, ang tsalap! hahaha

And the puto, bow!

Oh di ba, feeling nasa Pinas rin kami pag sama-sama kaming ito ang kinain. After eating, we do belot belot... este... balot balot pala. haha So for me who eats like a cat, I have 1 week supply of pinoy foods in the fridge that I can heat in the microwave when I want to eat. I save time, money and effort in cooking. I only cook hubby's meals for the week coz my food is ready to eat na. Yan ang lutong bahay ng mga Pinay sa US. Kahit nasa malayo, pero malapit rin. hahaha

10 comments:

Michelle said...

ok, good. so nakakaon na jud ka ug binignit diha. hehe ayaw pa buang2 diha sis kay lisod na, binignit ra ang hinungdan. haha pero naa jud bitaw time nga mingawn ta sa atong pagkaon mao nga maningkamot na lang jud ta ani ug luto aron makatilaw na sad kay ug di, na unsaon nalang ang atong taste buds nga magpangita man jud sa atong pagkaon. :)

Ilocana said...

Wow,starring kami,ha,ha,ha! Miss ko tuloy yung tuyo..I'll cook some again maybe Monday.

Juliet said...

kalami sa imong mga kaon dre michelle oi. ngano wala man ka nanghatag?

Sweetiepie said...

Hay mabuang ko naglaway jud ko intawon dri tulo ang laway jud! hahaha

Unknown said...

Pagkalamia ba sa mga foods imong gipang-display, Mitch oi! Unsa man mangaon na ta? Kay gutom na oi! :-) LOL!

Michelle said...

Ilocana: hahaha ako meron pang tuyo para bukas. :)

juliet: sagdi lang, magluto lang nya ta sunod. haha

sweetiepie: hala kaluoy nimo sweetiepie kay tulo man jud ang laway. pag cook out sad mo ni Annie aron di na motulo ang laway. haha

pangit: dali dai mangaon na ta kay andam na ang lamesa. ^_^

Gorgeous MUM said...

looking at those yummy food made me starving! i miss filipino foods! makes me want to go home again!

Michelle said...

hahaha we all do want to go home when we crave our foods in Pinas. i'm so lucky to have friends who loves and knows to cook our food. that's the reason why we do the inside cook out. :)

laura said...

sasarap naman ng mga fud u lahat yan miss ko na talaga pero sb u nga kahit malayo tau sa pinas parang malapit narin kc natangpuan ko rin d2 filipino store at ngaun myron naring resto cla kaya palagi ako dun pumupunta.

Michelle said...

wow, good for you girl! at least, kahit wala kang ka cook out dyan nga kapwa pinay eh may restaurant naman na pwede mong puntahan kung mag crave ka ng pagkain natin. im happy for you. :)