Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, September 22, 2008

My cooking experiment today

After receiving recipes from friends, I started trying one recipe that I like... pork steak. At first I didn't understand the taste but when it's already in my plate I remember the smell is almost similar and the taste is almost the same. In short, there was a slight difference of the taste and smell. I'm not sure if the onion that I use has a different taste from the one that we normally use in the Philippines because we use shallots in the Philippines not the big onions. Hmm Good thing I only use one slice of pork to start with so I still have 2 more slices to experiment again. I think I'll use shallots next time. Then I searched the internet last night for more recipes. I found a blog with recipes from Cebu. The longganisa caught my eye so I also tried making it today. The result is acceptable but not perfect. Well, it's my first try so I think mistakes can be made for the first time. Hubby like the longganisa and I like it too. I just add a little bit of sugar to make it a little sweeter. I guess this is a good start. I have more recipes to try and hopefully after the first, second or third try I will be able to get the perfect taste that I really want. ^_^

3 comments:

WeblogLearner said...

I just notice na super galing ng panlasa mo Mich. You can identify and i guess super sensitive ng taste buds mo..

Lynn said...

Indeed Mitch. For sure, ma perfect mo na yan since practice makes perfect, di ba? (",)

Ingatz!

Noemi "Mica" Watson said...

hehhee...cool