Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My delicious longganisa!

I tried cooking the longganisa I made last night but I add more sugar to it and mix it by hand again before wrapping it ready to go to the freezer and fridge (for today's meal). I wasn't expecting much about it because as I said it's my first try. I cooked rice first then fry my home made longganisa. The smell reminds me of the real longganisa that you can buy in the store and it made me drooling already. I took a little bit of rice on my little plate thinking that maybe my longganisa still doesn't taste as good as the one I like. To my surprise, this time it's perfect which made me eat more rice than expected. I'm very happy of the result and maybe I'll cook again tomorrow. haha


Here's the recipe:

1 lb ground pork 10% fat
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tbsp rock salt
1/2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tbsp garlic chopped finely
1/8 tsp black pepper, ground

Blend all. Roll a small amount of pork mixture in a 4 1/2 inches x 3 inches wax paper. Store in the freezer til ready to use.

Note: I noticed that the longganisa taste better the next day. :)


8 comments:

Noemi "Mica" Watson said...

kakugihan ba jud nimo mang imbento sa pagkaon oi...kalami ana.

mjsterling said...

wow that looks so yummy and tempting..would you mind sharing the recipe on how to make a home made longganisa?

WeblogLearner said...

Iba na talaga ang buntis oh! It indeed looks deli Mich!

Michelle said...

mica: maningkamot na lang ug imbento kay mingaw na jud ko ug pagkaon sa pinas. walay laing paagi kundi maningkamot nga makat-on ug luto sa akong gikamingawan nga pagkaon sa Pinas. hehe

mjsterling: i posted the recipe ivs because of your request. i hope you'll love it the way i do. :)

webloglearner: haha i have no other choice but to make my own pinoy food that i crave. hubby encouraged me that it doesn't matter if the first, second or third try doesn't taste good coz he said that someday i'll master it as long as i won't give up the first few tries. :)

Twerlyn said...

your so talented jud in cooking Chelle...looks so yum !

Lynn said...

Never thought preparing longganisa could be that simple. Thanks for sharing, Mitch. How i wish i can try this one now. Missed longganisa na.

Michelle said...

thank lermz! mao ni giingon nga maningkamot ta aron makakaon sa atong gusto. hehe

Michelle said...

Lynn: you better try it lynn coz it's really delicious and it's so simple than making an eggroll. :)