RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, June 28, 2008

A very tiring day...

For today's event, hubby and I were late. I said in my previous post that we sleep late lastnight and so we overslept. We woke up at 10:30 AM and the Air show starts at 12:00 noon so it's okay, we still have time. Last night I already put my sunblock lotion and hat on the dining table so I won't forget it. According to the official website for today's event that we can't bring foods, drinks and tent but we can bring chairs, cameras and umbrella. Hubby and I just had a little snack. We finally got out of the house at 12:05 PM. There were only two lanes for spectators so passengers who had flights today won't be disturbed. Oh boy, the line was soooooo looooong and it's like stop and go. Normally, it's only 25 minutes going to the Airport but hubby and I reach the parking lot at 2:15 PM. We were on the road for 2 hrs and 10 minutes! Unbelievable! I was bored already so I decided to look at other cars plate numbers of where they from, took a picture of the clouds, cars and the air show. And guess what? There were plate numbers from 10 States! They are from Tennessee, California, North Carolina, Florida (the Sunshine State), Texas, Illinois, Missouri, Nebraska, Colorado and of course from Alabama. I was amazed of how far these guys drive just to be here. I mean, maybe not for the show because maybe they have relatives here that they visit but the miles that they drive is so far away.

I enjoyed watching the Air Show today. It's so touching how these pilots made the aircraft roll and form shapes out in the sky without getting dizzy inside. And they're doing it for more than an hour! My gracious goodness! Can you imagine that?

It's hot today and hubby was feeling dehydrated so we bought something to drink and munch. The Show finish at 4:30 PM and we walked a long way before we reach our car. I almost want to lie down on the grass coz I'm so tired walking but I also want to go to the Filipino Store. Going out at the Airport was faster than going in which made me happy coz we still have time to shop at the Filipino store. I had a little chit chat with the parents of the Filipina owner then after that hubby and I went to Subway for dinner. Hubby said he's very hungry and wants to eat right away or else he won't be able to drive anymore. Toink! We felt better after eating and headed home right away. At last, we arrive home at 7:15 PM.

No comments: